Work Experience Certificate Letter – Format of Experience Certificate with Sample
Experience letter is a formal letter and is a written or printed information on company’s letterhead about employment confirmation. The experience letter format must include Name, position, period, salary and benefits signed by a concerned manager to confirm the employment with the organization. The letter is issued by the employer on company’s letter head and can be used for many purposes and can be send to anyone to show the employment history
A work experience certificate letter is a letter issued to an employee. The formal letter issued by the Human Resource Department confirm the time period the employee was associated with the company. The experience certificate also certifies the skills and work habits of an employee. It is one of the imperative exit documents that the employee needs at the time of leaving the organization. Employee needs this letter to verify his previous employment. Hence, HR department should make it with utmost care.
What is Experience Certificate?
Experience certificate is an official document to certify employment with a company/organization and says that the person is employed or has been employed with the company and the will certify employee name and his/her details such as father’s name, residence address, employee id etc. it further, certify the employment period, last designation and also the pay package of the employee. The experience certificate means whatever mentioned is true or correct
Experience Certificate or work experience letter is issued by the company in which a person has worked. The experience certificate certifies all the skills or knowledge the person has acquired. This is one of the valuable documents for a person for his career growth and future opportunities.
Experience Certificate Format
A right format is always the key in letter writing to make a correct and impressive experience certificate. The following points must be included to create a right format of experience certificate. It is obvious that it should be in a polite language and must contain the following key points:
- Must be on Company’s Letterhead
- Date of issue of the certificate
- Salutation or Declaration “To Whomsoever it May Concern”
- Full Name of the Employee as per the official Record.
- Period of Employment (Date of Joining and the last day of working in the organization)
- Designation or position
- Description of Performance
- Best wishes at the end
- Signed by the Director / HOD / Manager / HR Department Head / Authorized Signatory
- Should have Company’s Seal or Stamp
Why Experience Certificate Important?
The employee experience certificate is very important to identify the past years of experience and expertise of an employee in his/her last organization. It acts as a proof for you that you were employed by an organization in a certain position for a certain period of time.
It is especially important for the new employees who are considering switching their career direction, and it helps to update the details on your application. The certificate has information such as the name of the company, the date of hire, job description, and the job duties and responsibilities. An employee experience certificate has an electronic signature which is beneficial because it is difficult to forge without the signature
Recommended :Why to implement recruitment management system?
Objective of Experience Certificate letter
Experience certificate proves and authenticates that the Job Applicant truly holds a valid experience with the company which he or she has mentioned in his Curriculum Vitae (CV). Experience certificate is a very important document for Recruitment at the time of hiring a candidate on board in an organization.
Tips to Keep in Mind While Writing Experience Certificate letter
Experience certificate letter certifies that the person has worked in the organization and has performed all the duties and responsibilities assigned to him/her. Experience certificate may also include the major or satisfactory contribution in the organization also the identified strength. There is no mandatory format of experience letter to be followed. Every organization can have their different format. But a general content that should be included in the experience letter is given below:
- Use Company letter head with name of the organization should be at the top of the letter. Organization details such as company address, telephone number, email id, website address and Company Registration number should also be there in the letterhead.
- Name of the employee with his/her address: HR should make sure that the name of the employee is put right on the document. If there is any name mistake, then employees may face problems in the documentation approval in their next company.
- Date: Make sure that there is a date of preparing the document.
- Details of the employment: position, tenure and details of the responsibility carried out by the employment. Many organizations miss out on these important details. But they need to understand that it is important to include all the employment details in the experience letter for the record of the employee.
- Closing statement: This closing statement should be formal as well as polite. It can contain a good luck sentence for the employee’s future. This sentence can really make a difference in the employee selection chances in another company.
Distinguish Between Experience Certificate and Experience Letter
If we dig deep into what is the difference between an experience certificate and an experience letter, then you should know that there is not much difference. Because an experience certificate is in the form of a certificate and an experience letter is given in the form of a letter.
Format of the experience certificate is given below:
Letterhead of the Company
Certificate of Experience
To whom it may concern
This is to certify that Mr/Ms_______ S/o ___________ R/o ___________was employed at
> Company name< as a >Designation< from >Starting Date< to >End date<. He/ she
successfully completed the tenure with excellent performance.
We wish best of luck for future.
Signature with company’s seal
Experience Letter Format is given below:
Employee ID ( if any)
Complete Address (as per record)
To whomsoever It May Concern
This letter is to certify that Ajay Singhal has worked in our organization as (mention the designation). He had started working here on dated (______) and worked till dated(_________). He had served the company for about one year.
Until the day he joined, he had been quite responsible. To date, he has accumulated a diverse set of talents and job experiences. His mind-blowing abilities include: Team Work, Managerial Skills and Analytical Skills. Aside from his love and dedication, he had always been a decent and kind man who kept good relationships with everyone. We are really fortunate to have such a giving individual among us.
We wish him all the luck for his future endeavors.
Signature with company’s seal
Click here to learn about: Appointment Letter Format + 15 Sample
Difference between Experience Letter and Relieving Letter
In a relieving letter, the HR department confirms to the employee that the company accepts the resignation letter and notes the last day of employment, on the other hand, an experience certificate is a letter that states that the holder of the letter has worked for a specific organization/company for a specific period of time.
It is issued to employees by their employers and is required by employers when they offer new employment as verification of previous work experience.
The employer issues this letter to an employee on the final working day of the month or following receipt of a request for the same. This paper should be printed on the firm letterhead where the person previously worked. It must be signed by the company's authorized representative, which is the HR manager.
Uses and Needs of Experience Letter
The work experience certificate letter is a formal and official letter written on the Company’s Letter head and must be issued and given by the employer to their employee at the time of relieving an employee. In case if an employee resigns from the services, he can request for Experience Certificate and relieving letter from his employer or his manager.
- Experience letter is used by the employer, when they recruit any employee.
- Experience letter is used as a record by the HR department as an evidence of the employee’s previous experience.
- Experience letter is also asked from an employee before he/she joins the company to see whether the exit interview and its procedure was smooth or not. If due to some reason the employee has not got the experience letter, HR needs to dig deep into the reason of “why”
- Experience letter also works as a supporting document to justify what the employee is saying about the previous employment.
- Experience Letter is used to know about the role and position of the employee in the previous company.
Sample Format of Experience Letter
(sent by previous employer to verify employment)
This is to inform you that >Employee’s name< was posted as >Designation< in the >company Name< from >starting date< to >last date<. He/she had given >number of years< of his service to the company.
He is a dedicated worker. He carried out all of his obligations and responsibilities in a dignified manner. He is constantly up for new challenges, and he has delivered great outcomes in the majority of his projects. His actions are responsible for our company's major accolades. He is constantly eager to acquire new talents and swiftly apply them.
We wish him the best of luck for his future.
Signature with company’s seal
For an employee, all the documents from the day first are important, whether it is an offer letter / letter of intent or whether it is an exit document like an experience letter and relieving letter. Thus, the HRM Department has the responsibility to provide all the necessary documents to the employee.
The information about the experience letter in this article will help the employee, company and the HR department to know about how to prepare experience certificate and what all points to keep in mind while making this kind of letter.
Find 10+ Sample Template to learn about Format of Experienc Certificate Letter - All are free to download modal in PDF & Doc.:
Know more about various : Ways to write Address Proof letter