As per a Careerbuilder study, “tangible recognition could make 50% of employees stick to the company “. This puts forward the importance of employee recognition and appreciation in the retention of the workforce.
Let’s first try to understand what employee recognition means is:
Employee appreciation and recognition are about showing gratitude towards employees for their exemplary work and contribution to the company’s growth. It also entails the values that the organization carries through its policies and attitude towards employees.
Why it is important to have employee recognition when there is salary, other perks, and benefits given by the company?
Employee recognition helps employees feel secure in their worth to the organization, which motivates them to keep doing exceptional jobs. Let's describe why employee recognition is important.
As per McKinsey research, “the companies having more than 30 percent women executives were in a strong position to outperform those companies where this percentage is in range of 10 to 30.
The employee appreciation” contribution towards the organization through rewards and small-small things brings freshness and belongingness to the work atmosphere. This employee recognition idea is given below:
6. Community work – Charity, donations, and providing various services to the community like food to the homeless and downtrodden, working in community kitchens, and organizing health camps. Community service makes us realize the inclusivity of the workplace that employees come from different backgrounds, gender, race, and religion. And doing community service is about giving back to the society where we come from.
7. Wall of Fame – The achievers of different projects like completing the project fastest, and bringing more sales and revenue can be recognized through having a gallery of achievers. This wall of fame not only helps employees to work hard when they are at their peak but also when their performance is going down. They can visit their achievements and bring back the energy to the work.
8. Boss for a day - To recognize outstanding achievers by giving them special facilities like a VIP parking spot, let them lead the meetings and separate cabin. This will help employees to think about what goes on through their minds when they seats in a higher position. It will help staff to understand the perspective of the boss when he acts strict and also makes ready staff for challenges when they move on the career ladder.
9. Reward at right time – When an employee completes the task within time and efficiently, then appreciate their work that time only because delay in employee reward and recognition, can decrease the value of rewards.
“If you don’t create a great, rewarding place for people to work, they won’t do great work”
10.Outing time – Having weekend or monthly party, buying movie tickets and organizing tours of employees will help colleagues to gel with each other. Spending time with teams outside the office improves the bond and helps team members to understand why particular colleague behave in particular way. This motivates employees to contribute to the success of the team and ultimately the organization.
11. Celebrate small things of life– Surprising the employee with cake and candles when he enters conference room, sounds cool right! So celebrating important days in employees life and their non-work achievements like volunteering in flood relief will definitely boost the morale of the team.
In your organization, these employee appreciation and recognition ideas can be adopted which will help employees gets motivate to give their best effort to fulfil organizational goals as well as fulfilling their career goals and sense of accomplishment will be there. Leaving with the quote to think about employee recognition.
“Clients do not come first. Employees come first.
If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.”
strong>-Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group
Redefining Talent Acquisition in the Healthcare Industry with AI Recruitment The healthcare industry is gro...
Benefits of Employee Referral Programme Employee referral programme is one of the most effective and trusted means of...
Importance and Benefits of Whistleblowing Policy in a Business Organisation Whistleblowing is very essential tool i...
Payroll and Employee Experience, How do they go Hand-in-Hand? If you ask an employee what benefits they look in a com...
Effective Measures to Retain Talent in Advertising Agencies Attrition rate in the advertisement industry is at a whoo...
Best 11 Employee Recognition Ideas that Engage Employees As per a Careerbuilder study, “tangible recognition could...
7 Ways a Dedicated Payroll Software Enhances Your Business Payroll management used to be a headache for the HR depart...
Making a Resume? 8 Most Valuable Tips for Perfect Resume Making Making a resume is an art that needs soft skills to c...