Appreciation Letter – How to Write Appreciation letter email to Employee – Find Below 9+ Sample Format
Appreciation letter is the recognition of the excellent work performance of an employee on his / her Job role. Appreciation letter to employee is given to encourage the employee and also acknowledge the efforts and good work done by him/her. The Letter is also issued to say thank you for the contribution and appreciating the efforts put in.
How to write Appreciation Letter?
Writing a good appreciation letter requires good command over the written language. One must have the ability to write good English because making a right sentence with using right words to motivate expressing thanks to the person to whom you are writing appreciation letter is very important. Find Below the useful tips and attached sample for knowledge and uses.
8 Tips given below will help to understand how to write a good appreciation Letter:
- The letter should be well drafted means should be professionally written, done proof-reading and editing before finalizing.
- Right English is very important means grammatically correct and should be meaningful.
- The appreciation should be done at the right time, it should not be delayed mean the letter should be released when the job is done and recognized the good work done.
- Explain prominently the reason and highlight the Performance of the employee so that he/she should be recognized and feel motivated and proud.
- Appreciation cannot be done without thanking for the contribution and the efforts.
- The language of the Letter should be a mix of Appreciating, being thankful and also be motivating and encouraging performing better and better.
- If the letter is for the former employees, then it should be sent sooner.
- It should be honest and not copy paste technique used for every letter.
Appreciation letter Format or Template
Appreciation letter is considered as a Big Reward and Recognition to anyone who received it, whether an employee, Teacher Student or a business partner, all of them keeps this as an Award and achievement and use this for his further career growth. Therefore, it must be well crafted by using its right format to make this more impressive. The best format must follow the given guidelines:
- Mention the Date, Name and address: - on the left-side of the letter, there should be date of writing then the name and address of the person who is being appreciated in the letter.
- There should be usage of formal salutation.
- First paragraph should mention the reasons for writing the letter.
- Then the next paragraph should focus on the details of the letter.
- Last paragraph should be the concluding with thank you note and encouraging words to do good in future also.
Refer to the many Sample letter Template added below for better understanding and quick uses.
Who can write of Appreciation Letter Email?
In business scenario, the letter of appreciation or appreciation email can be written or issued by many of the people and organisation such as a Company or a Business enterprise, Management, A Boss or a colleague, team leader or member, school or a teacher or anyone whosoever is willing to write or use this a motivational technique or wish to thank anyone for their works and efforts. In a company, it is a simple thank you letter written to appreciate the employee and workers, commonly issued by the Management, Manager or an immediate Boss or Human Resource Department. Appreciating and thanking anyone for their contribution and performance works as morale booster not only to the employee or the person who get this but also spread a positive vibes to the other employees working partners of an organization.
Company, institutions or School sometimes can shortlist not only an employee but also their business partners, Teachers, consultants, lawyer and other members or professionals and give them appreciation letter and extend the gratitude and thank them for sharing efforts, expertise, trust and support provided.
Kind of appreciation letter that can be written for the company employees:
- Worker’s dedication to the organization should be praised well in the letter. There should be honest applause for the employee. It can help to enhance the motivation level of the employee.
- The employees work should be appreciated for the work done very well. It can boost the morale of the person. The person can be praised for doing the work on time and not missing deadlines and good quality of work done.
- The leadership role undertaken by the employee should be appreciated by the company. If the letter is written to the team leader then the person should be praised well. The person can be reminded of the goals achieved in the position and guiding team members in right direction.
- Appreciation should be given for the helping out company members or employees in distress. And the people who showed perseverance for the stress work should be thanked for. The employee can be reminded of the difficult times and the employees help during that time.
- The employee can be thanked for achieving high goals and being active in all activities of the firm.
- Employees can be appreciated for working overtime in the company to complete the targets.
- Appreciation letters can be sent to employees on the new years’ time and thanked them for their hard work.
At last, Appreciation is the way of enhancing enthusiasm of the employees in the firm. Go through with the various Sample Letter format given here under:
Recommended To Read : How to Draft Good Show Cause Notice & its Sample